Children & Adolescents ages 3 to 18 years old.
Children/Adolescents may face many challenges and obstacles throughout their young years:
- Grief & Loss from death of a loved one, divorce, moves, loss of friendships, parental deployment, foster care, adoption
- Trauma – abuse, accidents, medical trauma, witnessing a scary event including intense parental arguing and domestic violence
- Emotional problems – sadness, depression, anxiety, excessive worry, separation anxiety from parents, anger and angry outbursts, aggression
- Family Problems – chronic conflict, stress, strained relationships, alcohol & substance abuse
- Social Problems – difficulty making and keeping friends
- Parent-child relationship difficulties – quality of the parent-child attachment
Interventions utilized include:
- Play therapy & Sand tray
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Individual child therapy and/or family therapy
- Sessions with parents only
Parents play a critical role in their child’s development and emotional well-being. As a parent/caregiver, you will be a collaborative partner in the treatment of your child and may be asked to participate in sessions apart from and/or with your child as indicated by your child’s specific therapeutic needs.