You may not be sure if you are experiencing depression. Below is a list of symptoms of depression. Symptoms vary in severity based on each individuals experience and can be mild, moderate or severe. Either way, depression is highly treatable and manageable, so please, don't wait to get help!
Here’s what the symptoms of depression look like:
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation NOW so we can discuss your particular situation and see if we're a good fit for therapy.
If you are in crisis at this time you can call the Nevada County Crisis line at (530)265-5811 to speak with someone immediately 24/7. Or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.